Skip to main content
Topic: New Project (Read 2791 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

New Project

I  bought this stuff today. Im excited to take some time to look everything over but I fear that this project will need a donor motor. I am either going to pull the motor out of my 110  to go in one of these frames or sell the 110 to fund an aftermarket motor.







Re: New Project

Reply #1
The trans would not shift out of gear so I did some looking and found this guy...it was a miracle I was able to fish the broken piece out of the other side of the bottom end.



Re: New Project

Reply #2
Just picked up the donor bike which Im pulling the motor from to go in one of tge 70 frames.

Donor- 125m.



Re: New Project

Reply #3

Re: New Project

Reply #4
125 motor is running and shifting and I pulled it and am begining modifications to put it in the 70 frame.





And a few pics from the last week...














Re: New Project

Reply #5
BTW everything looks good on the 70 motor. If the 125 motor runs fine once I get it mounted I will likely sell the 70 motor. It is complete except for a couple recoil parts Im waiting to arrive. The other 70 frame is in rough shape and not worthy of putting a motor in Im afraid.

Re: New Project

Reply #6
Starting the install. Ill have to cut and reweld the intake manifold .





Re: New Project

Reply #7









Re: New Project

Reply #8
Pretty slick.  Had a chance to run it yet?

Re: New Project

Reply #9
Nope, its been too cold to work on it. Ill be getting at it again this week.

Re: New Project

Reply #10
Awesome man. Thanks for posting the build. Looks great, I've always wanted to give a trike a try.


Re: New Project

Reply #11
I have enough parts to build another 70 with a 70 motor. I believe I am going to build it this spring then sell it and try to scrape a little more money together and purchase a 350x.

Re: New Project

Reply #12
It finally warmed up enough to paint. I have everything I need to assemble the bike but I am being held up by the rear sprocket assembly which I can not get off the axle to replace.



Re: New Project

Reply #13
I FINALLY got the rear axle out and was able to grease the bearings and replace the sprocket and dampeners.
This bearing was stuck which was part of the problem. I am also done with paint and all that is left to do is assembly! Hopefully I can have her together this weekend.






Re: New Project

Reply #14
I'm liking the progress. My first ever experience on an off-road vehicle was on an ATC70, rolled it around the first turn. I was probably 4 or 5, the motor-vehicle skills just were not there yet haha.